Preparation time: approximately five months. Ingredients: olive oil, onions, zucchinis, vegetable broth, sour cream, salt & pepper. Serves four.
1. Plant zucchini seeds in little clay pots in late spring.
2. Transfer plants to sunny patch in the summer. Fight the slugs and watch the deer eat the leaves.
3. Harvest the two zucchinis that made it at the end of summer when it is starting to feel like fall. Show them off.
4. Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a pot with a thick bottom.
5. Chop two onions and throw them in the pot, slowly cooking them to a golden brown color over low heat.
6. Meanwhile, wash and dice the zucchinis and add them to the pot.
7. Add one pint of vegetable broth (the zucchinis do not need to be completely covered).
8. Gently boil for about ten minutes until the zucchinis are done.
9. Take the pot off the burner and puree the soup.
10. Stir in one cup of sour cream.
11. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
12. Serve to vegetable lovers and haters alike and revel in their compliments.