I have never experienced a blizzard. Not in Holland, not during the two winters I lived in Massachusetts, and certainly not in western Washington. I had high hopes last year for my first northern Wisconsin winter, but alas, it was a record breaking mild one.
This is the weather forecast for the weekend, copied and pasted from www.wunderground.com:
The Winter Storm Warning is now in effect from 3 am Saturday to
noon CST Sunday.
* Snow will overspread the area late tonight. The heaviest snow
should fall Saturday... with lighter snows continuing Saturday
* A total accumulation of 10 to 16 inches is expected by Sunday
* Winds will increase Saturday night... causing widespread blowing
and drifting and near blizzard conditions Saturday night and Sunday.
* Cold air pouring into the area will result in dangerously low
wind chills Sunday night and Monday morning.
* Travel conditions will become extremely hazardous. Non-essential
travel should be postponed until the storm has passed.
Will I finally get my blizzard? Probably not, but it will be close. The casino's General Manager sent out a memo today advising team members working this weekend to pack an overnight bag and plan to stay at the hotel if they live more than 25 miles away.
I think I am going to take a snow day...